Dark Mode Light Mode

De La Hoya Vows To Implement Ortiz Contract In Court docket

oscar de la hoya54 oscar de la hoya54


“I haven’t heard from Vergil Ortiz. I don’t even know if he knows what’s going on,” De La Hoya said. “We’re going to do what we have to do to protect our rights and take it from there.”

Ortiz filed suit in Nevada earlier this year seeking to terminate his long-standing promotional agreement with Golden Boy. His argument centers on the expiration of Golden Boy’s output deal with DAZN on December 31, 2025.

Ortiz’s lawsuit argues that the expiration of Golden Boy’s DAZN deal changed the structure surrounding his promotional agreement.

Golden Boy rejects that view, saying its working relationship with DAZN continues and that the promotional agreement remains in place.

The case escalated quickly. Golden Boy secured a temporary restraining order from Judge Cristina D. Silva, preventing Ortiz from entering into third-party agreements without the company’s involvement. The order specifically referenced a proposed April 18 fight with Jaron “Boots” Ennis, which Golden Boy argued would cause “irreparable harm” if finalized outside its control.

Golden Boy also countersued, seeking more than $10 million in damages from Ortiz’s manager, Rick Mirigian, alleging interference with the promotional contract. The legal posture marks a sharp shift in tone.

“I’m not going to be disrespected anymore,” De La Hoya said. “Enough of the Golden Boy Mr. Nice Guy. I’m going to protect my rights. I’m not in the wrong. I say the truth.”

De La Hoya added that he was surprised by the move, pointing to public praise from Ortiz in December and a holiday message from Ortiz’s father thanking him for his support.

The dispute now leaves Ortiz, 26, unable to move forward until the court issues its ruling. An April return against Ennis would have been one of the most significant fights of his run. Instead, the outcome depends on whether the court compels arbitration or allows the termination claim to proceed.

For Golden Boy, the issue is simple: enforceability. If the contract holds, the company retains control of Ortiz’s next move. If it does not, another high-profile fighter exits a traditional promotional structure during a period of rapid financial change in the sport.

De La Hoya’s message Saturday night left little room for compromise. Until a judge says otherwise, Golden Boy considers the agreement binding.

YouTube video



Source link

#Hoya #Vows #Enforce #Ortiz #Contract #Court

Keep Up to Date with the Most Important News

By pressing the Subscribe button, you confirm that you have read and are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use
Add a comment Add a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous Post
Samsung Mobile Galaxy AI Perplexity AI Agent Expansion of Galaxy AI main1

Samsung is including Perplexity to Galaxy AI

Next Post
Apple might take a new approach to announcing its next products

Apple may take a brand new method to asserting its subsequent merchandise